Depth of Knowledge Newsletter
May of 2016
Sometimes you just get so caught up in your work that you look up and it’s a new month. That’s what happened to me this week as we said goodbye to May and ushered in June at Jeffalytics HQ.
What kept us so busy? Most recently it was a new homepage for Analytics Course. Long-time newsletter subscribers know that we have been working on this course throughout 2016.
After the launch, the original homepage just wasn’t cutting it anymore. So we started working on a new one. This week we introduced a much more comprehensive and visually appealing homepage.
- More course options (including coaching and team licenses)
- Simplified checkout process (2 steps instead of 5)
- Clearer value proposition
- Addition of intro video and testimonials
Now that the work is done, I would love to have you check it out and share with a friend or colleague.
-> New Analytics Course Homepage <-
Of course, that’s not all we did in May. We added many videos to the periodic table of Google Analytics and had guest elements with Peep Laja, Charles Farina and Phil Pearce. Hoping to line up some more special guests this month. Stay tuned!
Google Tag Manager class in Minneapolis
At the end of this month I will be teaching my first ever Google Tag Manager class in Minneapolis. It will be a single course, half day, either June 21 or 22 at DemandQuest!
Now on to the resources!
- Measure School by @jjanalytics – My friend and web analytics expert Julian Jeunemann has an awesome YouTube channel with all kinds of useful tips on Google Tag Manager. He’s just about to hit his goal of 10,000 subscribers, and I thought I’d help give him a boost.
- GA Campaign URL is an add-on for Google Sheets by @outfox_intel – This tool helps you append custom campaign parameters for Google Analytics to URLs in the same way as Google URL Builder.
Digital Marketing Tools
Here are some digital marketing tools that I have come across since we last spoke. By linking in this newsletter I am not personally endorsing these tools.
- Prospect.io by @prospectio – Sales prospecting automation for agencies, sales teams, product startups
- Usabilityhub.com by @UsabilityHub – Settle design debates with data. Remote user testing to help you make confident design decisions.
Thought Provoking Articles and Guides
- 7 Google Analytics Features You Didn’t Know Existed by @frederikhyldig – After using GA for 10 years, I didn’t know about all of these features. You probably won’t, either.
- The New Google Analytics Search Console Report by @Atos_CH – A smallimprovement to this report, but mostly a name change.
- Google Ads & Analytics Innovations Keynote – Watch the whole @googleanalytics and @adwords event on @YouTube
- Become Google Analytics Certified in 30 Days! – Speaking of our analytics course, check out this testimonial by @analyticsedge
- Move beyond last click attribution in AdWords – Attribution has been a hot topic recently. Now Google is officially telling you that last-click attribution is bad. My thoughts on attribution modeling? Too conflicted to put in an email newsletter. Buy me a beer and I’ll talk your ear off though :).
Content at Jeffalytics
We published two great articles (and videos) on the Jeffalytics blog.
For the podcast, we went international with our two guests.
First, Ivan Recevic from Serbia shared what it’s like to be a big analytics fish in a small pond.
Second, Paul Koks from the Netherlands shared a ton of helpful tips on succeeding with an online business.Next month, we will be interviewing the winner of the 2016 search marketing madness tournament & the inventor of psychographics. Stay tuned!