Depth of Knowledge Newsletter
September of 2015
Last month I gave an update talking about a series of upcoming webinars. I gave three webinars in September and found them all to be wildly successful, to the point where I am working them into my regular schedule.
We also teased a podcast, which I am happy to announce will be going live on October 1st.
To prepare you for what the podcast has to offer, I have created a 2 minute teaser episode. Please visit here to listen: 2 Minute Intro Episode.
You can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes here: Jumpstart with Jeffalytics Podcast.
For those of you who don’t want to click, here is the quick synopsis: I interview your favorite marketers to learn how they made their big break in the industry. I ask them the questions you are dying to have answered, and we do it weekly on Thursday.
Each episode is 30-60 minutes of goodness and I would love for you to be an early subscriber!
Want to pay me back for all of the articles I provide in this newsletter? Please do leave a review of the podcast on iTunes and tweet out the link.
As for our first guest? It is none other than Rand Fishkin. We find answers to questions that Rand has never revealed in an interview before! Do you want to know what SEOMoz was called before they started doing SEO? You will have to listen to find out!
Make sure you subscribe to get the podcast hot off the presses.
Analytics Tool Watch
Here are some analytics tools that I have come across since we last spoke. Some of these are startups, while others have been around for years. By linking in this newsletter I am not personally endorsing these tools.
- Klear (klear.com) – Measure the social web.
Thought Provoking Articles and Guides
- The Future is African by Barrett Nash (@barrett_nash) – My thought provoking article of the month.
- Track Form Abandonment With Google Tag Manager by Simo Ahava (@simoahava) – An old trick updated for a new platform.
- Google Ranking Factors by @NorthcuttHQ – I’m not as obsessed with this subject as I once was, but this is a great reference if you need an SEO refresher.
- Track Form Engagement With Google Tag Manager by Simo Ahava (@simoahava) – Strong showing this month from Simo!
- Is Silicon Valley in Another Bubble . . . and What Could Burst It? by Nick Bilton (@vanityfair) – .
- The WWII-Era Plane Giving the F-35 a Run for Its Money – Fascinating read about how low-tech often is the better solution for certain military situations.
- If You’re Lying About Being a Navy SEAL, This Man Will Catch You by Michael Gaynor.
- The Mixed-Up Brothers of Bogotá by Susan Dominus – Wow, I didn’t think that this kind of stuff really happened!
- DIY Self-Guided Analytics Audit Template by Annie Cushing (@annielytics) – This is a paid product, but I don’t get a commission. Just mentioning in case anyone needs such a thing.
- Google Analytics Best Practices – Earmarked this page earlier in the month, but now having trouble loading. A good reminder in a few ways.