Kirk Williams is a rising star in the PPC world and founder of Zato marketing.
I have gotten to know Kirk a bit over the past few years, having met in person at conferences in Minnesota and London. Not only that, but Kirk helped provide feedback on my PPC Course when I launched it.
So we have had mutual respect over the years, and I’m glad to see it finally culminate with an official interview on the Jumpstart podcast.
What probably made me most excited to talk with Kirk was that he is at a cool inflection point in his career and business. Just a few weeks ago, he graduated from being a “rising star” in the PPC world to being a bona-fide star, coming in at #7 on the list of the most influential PPC Experts.
To see the full list, you should definitely check out the show notes. And also make note that Jumpstart Podcast alums Larry Kim, Samantha Noble, Melissa Mackey, Elizabeth Marsten, Marty Weintraub and Ginny Marvin all feature prominently on that list.
If you’re into paid media, the Jumpstart podcast has you covered!
But today it’s all about Kirk. We learn about how he got started in the industry, his quest for knowledge and constant desire to keep on learning his craft.
If you want to boost your profile and create a never-ending flow of clients, listen up.Subscribe in Android
Quotable moments from our talk with Kirk Williams
On using Twitter for business:
On big vs small AdWords accounts:
Links related to this week’s episode
- @PPCKirk on Twitter
- Scientific Advertising by Claude Hopkins
- Q&A with one of Kirk’s favorite PPCers
- Kirk’s MOZ blogpost on Pros and Cons of Brand KWs that generated a ton of responses
- Team that can beat Yankees on any given day (if you are to trust Jeff)
- Kirk’s Company ZATO Marketing
- Things to consider if you are going out on your own as a PPC Marketer
- Kirk’s posts on PPC Hero blog – Attention: some genuine greats here!
- Kirk’s first conference talk slides
- Podcast episode referred to more than once – PPC Moses Melissa Mackey