Today we get to interview Rand Fishkin. You probably know him as the husband of Geraldine, a hilarious travel blogger. Or perhaps as the Wizard of Moz or as one of the most fashionable men in SEO. I call him a friend and mentor.
If you haven’t heard Rand’s story before, then you are in for a treat. Today you will hear about how Rand got his introduction into the world of web design, some of the good and bad decisions he made along the way (along with advice for his older, wiser self), and how he was able to turn a failing business into a venture backed startup.
I have been learning from Rand for years, and there are some questions that I have always wanted to ask him but never had the nerve. Today I ask him these questions.
Like what was the name of SEOMoz when they were a web design agency?
We get the answer to that question, and many more on today’s podcast.
This week’s sponsor: PPC Course – Learn Google AdWords through 13 hours of HD video lessons!
My personal lessons learned from the Rand Fishkin interview:
- How things have changed over the years for Rand
- The options you have when you decide to become a venture backed company
- Once you get where you want to be, it’s not always as satisfying as we think. There are new challenges
- Rand’s key to being a great marketer
- We all have one great piece of content in us. We can do it once
Links related to this week’s episode